Accurate information about impending or actual threats or emergencies can literally mean the difference between life and death.
Please sign up for U.Va. Alerts. Add your parents' cell phone numbers as your secondary phone number if you'd like them to receive alerts as well.
Emergency Notification –The University employs a range of technological solutions to alert the community to emergency situations as quickly as possible. Emergency alerts are reserved for critical incidents that pose an imminent threat to the health and safety of the University community. You may be alerted in several ways.
- Fire alarm
- U.Va. Alerts (requires student registration for text message and alternate email notification)
- University e-mail
- LCD and LED displays
- Public address system announcements (where available)
- Alertus Desktop notification (requires installation and connection to the UVa. network)
- The University's Emergency Page (www.virginia.edu/emergency)
- Situation Updates – While the most emergent messages will be available on the Univeristy's homepage (www.virginia.edu), the offical source for the most current and detailed information is this site (www.virginia.edu/emergency). Schedule change information will also be posted on the emergency page, and detailed information can be obtained by going to the Operations Status Board.