The Office of Safety and Emergency Preparedness is committed to ensuring the safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors to grounds. As part of this mission, OSEP is proud to offer several different safety and emergency preparedness trainings. OSEP offers both "pre-packaged" courses, and is also willing to work with your group to develop specific training on a particular safety-related subject.
Examples of training programs we've recently offered include:
- American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR/AED Certification
- New Faculty Orientation Program
- Resident Advisor Emergency Response Training
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training for Summer Admissions Staff
- Emergency Preparedness Awareness for Departments (short program designed for departmental meetings)
Classes are offered on an as needed basis. Generally, our staff will come to you to conduct training. If your department, office, or other UVA affiliated group are interested in one of our programs, please contact our office.
CPR Courses may be requested by filling out this form.
Already attended one of our programs? We'd love to hear from you! Development of training programs is reliant on you as the consumer to give us feedback. We'd love to know what we did well, but more importantly, what we can improve on. You can leave us feedback in two ways: