Charlottesville, VA 22904
FOR NON-EMERGENCIES AFTER BUSINESS HOURS, CALL 434-924-7166
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, CALL 911
|Allison Hope||Assistant Director||434-243-8279|
|Zach Estess||Emergency Management Coordinator||434-924-8745|
|Donna Ferneyhough||Administrative Specialist||434-982-0565|
Physical Infrastructure Hazard
You can use this form to report any non-emergency physical infrastructure concern -- for example, unlit areas such as crosswalks and pathways, non-operating lights or blue light phones, fall hazards, etc. TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
Social Media Comment Statement
We encourage open discussion about the topics we post but we do reserve the right to moderate discussion on our social media accounts and to remove posts that contain:
- Profane or obscene content
- Off-topic content;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination against protected classes;
- Sexual harassment content;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Spam or comments that include links to external online sites;
- Solicitations of commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement;
- Promotions of particular services, products or political candidates or organizations;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
Violators may have their comments removed from the University's social media platforms. Continued or egregious violations of this policy may prompt the University to further restrict an individual's commenting on University social media platforms. In certain situations, the poster, as well as the content, may be reported to authorities, depending on the nature of the content.
Posts that refer to specific individuals or offices within the UVA community as part of the complaint, concern, or compliment will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the circumstances, at the discretion of page administrators, the post or comment may be removed.
Users who have concerns about specific conduct can contact our office at the contact information above to report them.
The University of Virginia is not responsible for the content posted by participants on any of its pages, nor does its existence constitute endorsement of the content by the University.
Participants understand that they are ultimately responsible for the content they post, and as such, understand legal issues may arise from the content they post, and that the University of Virginia is not responsible for those outcomes.