UVA Emergency Management is committed to ensuring the safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors to Grounds. We offer standard training, or work with you to develop group-specific training on a particular safety-related subject.
Examples of training programs we've offered include:
- New Faculty Orientation Program
- Resident Advisor Emergency Response Training
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training for Summer Admissions Staff
- Emergency Preparedness Awareness for Departments (short program designed for departmental meetings)
- 10 Things to Know In An Emergency presentation for students, faculty and staff
Classes are offered on an as needed basis. Generally, our staff will come to you to conduct training. If your department, office, or other UVA-affiliated group are interested in one of our programs, please contact our office.
Already attended one of our programs? We'd love to hear from you! Development of training programs is reliant on you as the consumer to give us feedback. We'd love to know what we did well, but more importantly, what we can improve on. Email our office.